MORLAND (née Courtenay), Caroline Eustatia
Caroline Eustatia Morland was recently widowed when she left West Wickham and took over the lease of Pickhurst Manor in 1828 and moved to Hayes. She was the daughter of Viscount William Courtenay, 8th Earl of Devon and married Colonel Charles Morland in June 1812. At the time of their marriage he was Aide-de-Camp to King George IV and held a senior rank in the army.
In 1841 her son William was living with her at the manor and they had eight resident servants. William married Margaretta Eliza Cator in 1843. Lady Caroline continued to live at Pickhurst Manor until her death in 1851.