DRUMMOND, Andrew Berkeley
11 September 1755 -1833
Andrew Drummond married Lady Mary Perceval in 1781. It is unclear why he chose to take out fairly short leases on properties in Hayes but his first lease was in the Pickhurst area which he left in 1784. He then moved to Hayes Court which was empty in early 1785 and in 1790 Revd John Till recorded living at the property “Alexander Drummond Esq., Lady Mary, 4 men and 3 maids when the family is here, at other times only one maid.’ By then he had become a partner in the family bank, Drummond Bank in London. He does not seem to have been involved with taking part in the Vestry or other parish activities and by 1794 the leaseholder was Revd Edward Lockwood, who may have been related to him. He moved away from Hayes and on his father’s death inherited his estate at Cadlands, Hampshire.